When was Metallica founded?
Metallica was founded in 1981 by Lars Ulrich (drums) and James Hefield (guitar and vocals).
Who are the current and past members of Metallica?
Past Members of Metallica:
- Ron McCovney – bass guitar, 1982
- Dave Mustane – lead guitar, 1982-1983
- Cliff Burton – bass guitar, 1982-1986
- Jason Newsted – bass guitar, 1986-2001
Current Members of Metallica:
- Kirk Hammet – lead guitar, 1983-present
- Robert Trujillo – bass guitar, 2003-present
- Lars Ulrich – drums, 1983-present
- James Hetfield – guitar and vocals, 1981-present
What are Metallica’s known achievements?
- Metallica sold 110 million albums worldwide while playing to millions of fans on literally all 7 continents.
- They scored several multi-platinum albums including 1991’s Metallica (or the Black Album), with sales of nearly 17 million copies in the United States alone, making it the best-selling album in the history of Soundscan.
- Metallica has received numerous awards including 9 Grammy Awards, 2 American Music Awards, and multiple MTV Video Music Awards.
- Metallica was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in 2009.
- In December 2013, Metallica made history when they performed a rare concert in Antarctica, becoming the first act to ever play on all 7 continents all within a year, thus earning themselves a place in the Guinness Book of World Records.
If you’re a fan of Metallica, you will certainly love shopping at Mr Toys with our great range of Metallica in-stores and on our website.